Re: RFS: adun.app (updated package)

Andreas Tille wrote:

> Abgebrochen
>
> (German locale "Abgebrochen" means "Aborted").

OK, thanks.  So something unexpected happens, and we have to find out
what it is.

1. Can you run it in gdb?
2. There is a bug in gnustep-base, can you see if you have a `gdnc'
   process running?  If not, try launching gdnc from your
   xsession/bashrc and see if it helps.
3. If you run the app as `UL --GNU-Debug=ULFileSystemDatabaseBackend
   --GNU-Debug=ULDatabaseIndex', do you see something suspicious?

Does anyone else reproduce this?  I tried on a third machine
(different architecture, more so) and no luck.

> I have the strange feeling that several so called easy to use
> graphical environments intentionally trick me.

I doubt that anything could possibly interfere...
If it is not a problem, perhaps it would help if you try on a fresh
newly created user account.

> I assume GNUstep might also try its best to keep me away. ;-)))

GNUstep is not a desktop, so not really comparable with
GNOME/KDE/Xfce.  I imagine that it's very weird for users accustomed
to modern free environments.