Re: jessie-updates gone

Hey Andy,

Andy Smith:
> Clearly the LTS team cannot provide the same level of support, so
> wouldn't you agree that it is important that users realise when they
> go from one state to another?

I don't think I follow here. In my eyes, it's perfectly fine if Debian
users who don't follow any announcements (which - unfortunately - is
true for the majority of users) keep using a release even after its
security support was taken over by the LTS team.

Informing users about ending security support (e.g. by local
notifications) could definitely be improved - but that's a separate topic.

Cheers
 jonas