Re: jessie-updates gone

On Tue, 2019-04-02 at 19:30 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Matus,

> > > So are you really saying that your proposed solution is just to tell
> > > people who aren't currently reading announcements and are not running
> > > check-support-status to try harder?
> >
> > I'm trying to say that people using LTS should not notice ot of nothing that
> > the -updates archive is now gone.  That should happen after LTS is over.
>
> Sure but you are aware that every Debian user becomes an LTS user
> when <distro>-updates stops being a source of point releases and
> further updates end up in <distro>/updates, right?
>
> I am not talking about telling *LTS* users anything. I am asking how
> is an uninformed user of Debian supposed to know that they are no
> longer supported by Debian, but only by LTS? That they have in fact
> *become* an LTS user?
[...]

Debian LTS is a team within Debian.  It's separate from the main
security team and the stable release managers, but it is no less part
of Debian.

The transition to extended support by the LTS team has always been
announced, in any case:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2014/msg00004.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2016/msg00005.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2018/msg00002.html

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Q.  Which is the greater problem in the world today,