Re: prevent a package to be installed

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:05 PM, Gerard ROBIN <g.robin3@free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 06:35:09PM +0200, chals wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:35:09 +0200
>> From: chals <chals@chalsattack.com>
>> Cc: Gerard ROBIN <g.robin3@free.fr>
>
> I tried noautologin, nottyautologin, nox11autologin but none gives the
> desired result. I use:
> --bootappend-live "boot-live config=noautologin ....."
> Perhaps this is not the right syntax ?

Hi,

I sometimes forget that you can do almost anything with live-config.
It is a matter of finding the right option that suits your needs.

Ok, first:

No, that is neither the right syntax nor the right option to achieve
what you want :)
It should be --bootappend-live "boot=live components noautologin"
(plus any other options you may want to use)

Second:

In order to prevent the x-manager to start automatically you should
use the x-session-manager=none option in your bootappend line like
this:

--bootappend-live "boot=live components x-session-manager=none" (plus
any other options you may want to use)

You will boot into the console and then you can "startx".

> this is the problem: how start x11 with live-build.
> On my jessie laptop I removed lightdm and after the boot time I am in console
> and startx starts x11 (xfce4 for me)

Third:

Well, live systems have a slighty different nature, you know ;)

> For nano apt-get purge nano works fine (with the persistence) but I
> think I use more memory by removing nano that to keep it, so I keep it.

And fourth:

Why the heck do you want to remove nano? I understand that if you use
vim or any other editor you want to install vim and use vim. That is
perfect, but in my own system I have several web browsers (chromium,
midori, iceweasel, lynx, elinks, w3m) several terminal multiplexers
(screen and tmux and sometimes others) several irc programs (irssi and
weechat) and having several applications installed do not hurt.

I have vim and nano and medit and leafpad and to tell you the truth I
use nano and medit 90% of the times, but I also use the other two
occasionally. And I am ok with it.

Have fun

--
chals