Re: Kernel Panic when adding support for live installer [solved]

> To get further, I'd kindly ask someone who understand this code to double-check if it is *really* doing its job
> as expected since, given the date of Daniel's commit, I shouldn't be needed to add manually those packages in a list
> (I'm using live-build 4.0.5-1 build from the tagged-version-line :
> http://live-systems.org/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-old-4.0 - on Jessie).

Disclaimer : OK, so I'm not a coder at all then what follows could be completely insane. If it would be the case, please forgive me.

Looking at Daniel's patch : http://live-systems.org/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=patch;h=d1eae015774db9e11ddb656ad8bc377c565f503a
If I get it correctly, this is checking if a file called "config/package-lists/live.list.chroot" exist and if it does *NOT* exist, then it creates it and fills it with:
live-boot
live-config
live-config-sysvinit

Unfortunately, I've been using a file nammed "live.list.chroot" to put the "debian-installer-launcher" package while following the chapter 18.7 of the live-build 4.x manual. This chapter says: "$ echo debian-installer-launcher >> config/package-lists/installer.list.chroot" but I changed the name of the file (this is the unfortunate part) to fit with what I was thinking I was doing (do not forget that I'm still on my first play with live-build).

Having already a file nammed "live.list.chroot", I guess the script from Daniel's commit doesn't do nothing because the file *already* exists.

I've been rebuilding an ISO changing the name of that file from live.list.chroot to installer.list.chroot and removing mention to the live-* package to check if the script was working as expected and... it does perfectly.

>From there I would suggest either :
1) putting a note in the manual saying "Do *never ever* choose "live.list.chroot" as a file name since it's already used internally unless you *really* understand what it's implying"
2) put something before the build time that check if no file called "live.list.chroot' lives in config/package-lists/ and act in a "are you really really *REALLY* sure of what you're doing" way.

Hope I didn't say to much crap and it helps
Olivier