Re: prevent a package to be installed

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Gerard ROBIN <g.robin3@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> probably a stupid question:
> when I make an iso image I don't choose the package lightdm, but it
> is in the iso image constructed. How can I prevent lightdm to be
> installed ? (I use xfce4)
> I prefer to start in console and use startx if necessary.
>
> (the version of live-build in jessie is 4.0.3-1 but I installed
> the 4.0.5-1)

You should use apt pinning in order to achieve that. I copy and paste
from live-manual:

Negative pin priorities will prevent a package from being installed,
as in the case where you do not want a package that is recommended by
another package. Suppose you are building an LXDE image using
task-lxde-desktop in config/package-lists/desktop.list.chroot, but
don't want the user prompted to store wifi passwords in the keyring.
This metapackage depends on lxde-core, which recommends gksu, which in
turn recommends gnome-keyring. So you want to omit the recommended
gnome-keyring package. This can be done by adding the following stanza
to config/apt/preferences:

Package: gnome-keyring
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

Use this example to achieve your goal. Good luck

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com