Re: Kernel Panic when adding support for live installer [solved]

----- Mail original -----
De: "humbert olivier "

> Digging a bit more and trying different stuffs, I just saw that I've got this in the build.log :
>
> libisofs: WARNING : Can't add /firmware/firmware-linux-free_3.3_all.deb to Joliet tree. Symlinks can only be added to a Rock Ridge tree.
>
> I'm unsure about what it is, but given the definition of this package ("Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel"), I think it could be related.
> Would be great if someone could enlight me about this.

OK, so digging further, I went to read at this message : https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2014/09/msg00019.html
I found that the list provided by Phillip was a bit of an overkill : live-boot live-boot-doc live-boot-initramfs-tools live-config
What would a *-doc been needed ?
So I looked at the change Daniel did about that where it was mentionned : live-boot live-config live-config-sysvinit

Since this commit is from september 2014, I thought that it would be a good idea to switch from live-config-sysvinit to live-config-systemd which I did. (it might not be needed)
I've rebuild the ISO and it works as expected.

So thanks to Phillip to have reported the issue, thanks to Daniel to have provided a patch and thanks to chals to have been providing the link to the related commit in git.

To get further, I'd kindly ask someone who understand this code to double-check if it is *really* doing its job as expected since, given the date of Daniel's commit, I shouldn't be needed to add manually those packages in a list (I'm using live-build 4.0.5-1 build from the tagged-version-line : http://live-systems.org/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-old-4.0 - on Jessie).

Hope that helps,
Olivier