Re: prevent a package to be installed

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Gerard ROBIN <g.robin3@free.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 08:08:47PM +0200, chals wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 20:08:47 +0200
>> From: chals <chals@chalsattack.com>
>> To: Debian Live <debian-live@lists.debian.org>
>> Cc: Gerard ROBIN <g.robin3@free.fr>
>> Subject: Re: prevent a package to be installed
>
> Thank you but it's not so simple
>
> cat preferences
>
> Package: lightdm
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> Package: lightdm-gtk-greeter
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> Package: nano
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> this work fine for lightdm and lightdm-gtk-greeter but not for nano.
> (I use vim)

Be aware that the paragraph I pasted explicitly read:

"as in the case where you do not want a package that is recommended by
another package"

"recommended" is the keyword here. nano is part of the base system
whereas lightdm and lightdm-gtk-greeter are not.

To make your life  better you can pin both at the same time like this
if you still want to do so:

Package: lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

> On the other hand after the boot time I am well in console, but when I hit
> the login and the password, I don't stay in the console, xwindow starts automaticaly.
> This is not what I want and remove lightdm have no use to me. I don't understand
> why xwindow start automatically.

This is probably due to the autologin. You can try to disable it by
using the appropriate live-config option. See live-config man page:

       live-config.noautologin | noautologin
           Disables both the automatic console login and the graphical autolo‐
           gin.

       live-config.nottyautologin | nottyautologin
           Disables the automatic login on  the  console,  not  affecting  the
           graphical autologin.

       live-config.nox11autologin | nox11autologin
           Disables  the automatic login with any display manager, not affect‐
           ing tty autologin.

Have fun :)

--
chals