Re: use LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY in debootstrap and for udebs

On 05/31/2012 11:49 AM, Rui Miguel P. Bernardo wrote:
> apt-cacher users don't have http_proxy in their environment and it
> doesnt work for them.

so what do they have then?

why don't you just set the chroot mirrors to your apt-cacher instance
and be done with it like everyone that uses apt-cacher{-ng} does?

> But if I add the following code in lb_bootstrap_debootstrap and
> lb_binary_debian-installer:
>
> if [ -n "${http_proxy}" ]
> then
>        export http_proxy
> fi

for sub-shells and forks, there is no difference between a set variable
and an exported variable, so this does not make sense.

> An alternative to changing the code may be a reference in live-manual or
> lb_config man page about the fact that http_proxy must be set and exported

i remembered now why we added the apt proxy options to only set them in
the chroot, so i'm reverting that change in debian-next that adds
http_proxy/ftp_proxy to config/common.

the correct way of doing this is to a) use proper chroot mirror values
and b) matching apt-*-proxy values for using these apt pseudo proxies
within the chroot.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net