Re: use LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY in debootstrap and for udebs

Hi,

Rui Miguel P. Bernardo wrote (26 May 2012 17:14:21 GMT) :
> the following two patches will make live-build use LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY
> in debootstrap and also to download the d-i udebs. This can save
> something between 5 to 10 minutes in download time each build.

Great!

However, if http_proxy was set to the empty string before the build is
run, the deconfigure code in your patch unset's it. And IIRC, for some
software having http_proxy set to an empty string is different from
having it unset.

Also, I'm unsure about exporting http_proxy at the configure and
deconfigure step. Might it not taint the build environment on exit?
Perhaps just passing http_proxy to the debootstrap invocations would
be safer?