Re: use LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY in debootstrap and for udebs

On 05/28/2012 07:28 PM, Rui Miguel P. Bernardo wrote:
> That's why I've put these lines in lb_bootstrap_debootstrap
>

> +		export http_proxy="${PREVIOUS_PROXY_ENV}"
> +		[ "$PREVIOUS_PROXY_ENV" = "" ] && unset http_proxy

which is overengineering as previously said, there's no point in
handling this in all existing invocation of commands that should make
use of it, and all future ones; the right way is to define it once for
the entire time of the lb environment, so that all commands use it now
and in future without any further changes, and let it 'die' correctly
when lb terminates (like all LB_* variables too).

if my commit doesn't do what it's supposed to do, then that needs
improving. but yours is not a good solution to the problem, 'works for
me'-only is not good enough here, sorry.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net