Re: On-the-fly module inserting and removing

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:01:57 +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:

> T o n g wrote:
>> Where should I send the patches to? Is it ok to send them directly to
>> you Daniel? (I'm afraid that the patches are a bit more than
>> debian-live@lists.debian.org can tolerate)
>
> preferably you publish your git tree so that i can eventually merge from
> it.

Publish my git tree? Yeah right, that's very easy to say.

Previously I asked, "Hmm, it is a brand new script, not against any
existing file. . . I don't know how should I precisely patch against git.
Please elaborate."

I didn't get any answer for it. I thought a way my self. Then you said:

"if . . . a proper patch against live-initramfs is made, then it can go
in there now."

On seeing this, I rebuilt from rcs revision by revision, from 1.1 to
current 1.8, into live-initramfs git and now I'm ready to send them in by
mail as patches. But,

Now I have to learn/build/publish git trees, and you will "eventually"
look into it someday. God knows when.

Why *everything* has to be *so hard*! Can't anybody step out and take my
mail patches?

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/