Re: Importing old lintian version history (was: Re: Lintian bug squashing week (or more?))

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:07:25PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > > On that website there are only flat lintian tarballs, no CVS
> > > repositories. Don't you have a CVS repository?
> >
> > Only the one on cvs.debian.org, and there was no point in committing to that
> > after shaleh had discontinued the practice a few years back. I needed to
> > commit his releases one by one, and then mine, and then the repo could begin
> > to function normally.
> >
> > I was doing that but then I stopped at 1.20.6 (numbers may vary) because
> > there were just too many file moves for my patience to withstand... was
> > planning to switch to svn, hence the repository already there on svn.d.o,
> > but nobody ever ran cvs2svn to seed it.
>
> Okay, I understand. I'll import as much old revisions as possible than.
> snapshot.debian.org has all versions starting from 1.20.17, which means
> the 25 nov 2001 release and later are there, but the 25 sep 2001 and
> anything before isn't. I guess that still leaves a gap to the
> cvs.debian.org repository (which doesn't seem to be on cvs.debian.org
> anymore anyway, by the way)?.

Oh, it's there, just locked down because of the November 2003 security
compromise.

The CVS repository should contain all the previous releases, it should be
the starting point, not any archive stuff.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.