Re: Lintian bug squashing week (or more?)

Please don't Cc: me on this list, I'm subscribed.

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 10:34:00PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > > By the way, Josip, already had time for getting your CVS repositories
> > > somewhere online? It isn't hurting lintian-by-subversion development as
> > > histories can be glued together, but would be neat to have.
> >
> > Actually I haven't been able to find the tarballs that Shaleh had sent me,
> > I only have those that I released, see http://keid.carnet.hr/~joy/lintian/
> >
> > I think I stopped importing at around 1.20.6 so there's still some six
> > versions to go... I'll see if I can look for them in places where I haven't
> > looked yet.
>
> Eh, I don't get it I think.
>
> On that website there are only flat lintian tarballs, no CVS
> repositories. Don't you have a CVS repository?

Only the one on cvs.debian.org, and there was no point in committing to that
after shaleh had discontinued the practice a few years back. I needed to
commit his releases one by one, and then mine, and then the repo could begin
to function normally.

I was doing that but then I stopped at 1.20.6 (numbers may vary) because
there were just too many file moves for my patience to withstand... was
planning to switch to svn, hence the repository already there on svn.d.o,
but nobody ever ran cvs2svn to seed it.

> Of course, I could import all old revisions, but that is missing
> information if you used CVS like I use subversion now: commit per fix,
> and upload per set of fixes.

That's not particularly important as most diffs are either straightforward
or can be traced to a changelog entry directly enough. (I hope you don't
plan any escapades on that matter!)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.