Importing old lintian version history (was: Re: Lintian bug squashing week (or more?))

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 01:52:03PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Please don't Cc: me on this list, I'm subscribed.

Sorry, I usually group reply any mail (convention with my
organisation...), I'll do my best to not repeat that. You can also set a
'Mail-followup-to:' header, that way some mailers (at least mutt) will
obey it when you hit 'group reply'.

I personally like cc's, as apparently such a mail is a reaction on one
of mine, and personal mail gets more attention.

Enough offtopic for now...

> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 10:34:00PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > On that website there are only flat lintian tarballs, no CVS
> > repositories. Don't you have a CVS repository?
>
> Only the one on cvs.debian.org, and there was no point in committing to that
> after shaleh had discontinued the practice a few years back. I needed to
> commit his releases one by one, and then mine, and then the repo could begin
> to function normally.
>
> I was doing that but then I stopped at 1.20.6 (numbers may vary) because
> there were just too many file moves for my patience to withstand... was
> planning to switch to svn, hence the repository already there on svn.d.o,
> but nobody ever ran cvs2svn to seed it.

Okay, I understand. I'll import as much old revisions as possible than.
snapshot.debian.org has all versions starting from 1.20.17, which means
the 25 nov 2001 release and later are there, but the 25 sep 2001 and
anything before isn't. I guess that still leaves a gap to the
cvs.debian.org repository (which doesn't seem to be on cvs.debian.org
anymore anyway, by the way)?.

If nobody jumps up with older releases, I'll import those from snapshot
then, in addition to any released lintian versions from
archive.debian.org (potato, etc).

> > Of course, I could import all old revisions, but that is missing
> > information if you used CVS like I use subversion now: commit per fix,
> > and upload per set of fixes.
>
> That's not particularly important as most diffs are either straightforward
> or can be traced to a changelog entry directly enough. (I hope you don't
> plan any escapades on that matter!)

Okay. No, I'm not planning any escapades :-), in addition, any
subversion revision is as complete and one-fix-at-a-time as possible.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl