Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

Miriam Ruiz dijo [Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 08:43:22AM +0200]:
> I wasn't planning on participating in this discussion but, as you said, it
> has  gotten so out of proportions that I thought it wouldn't be that bad
> after all. I share Charles'  and Gunnar's point of view, I appreciate
> Francesco's contributions to the mailing list and, even though Gunnar is
> right about the high probability of his mails including something like
> that, it doesn't bother me as much as seems to bother other people here.
> His contributions are always polite, reasoned and respectful, and I
> appreciate that. Just for the record, even though I might not agree with
> his point of view about some things, I prefer debian-legal with the
> presence of Francesco, and I honestly don't see any reason why a ban should
> even be considered. At least that's my point of view.

And FWIW from my side, I did not attempt to imply (and would quite
oppose any suggestions to it) to ban Francesco. I also find his
commentary interesting and helpful, as I said in my previous mail; I
did want to point out what I feel (and what I feel that others feel,
but the more indirection you add to it, the fuzzier it becomes) that
tires some people.

Mark me as "surprised". I did not see a ban request coming, and am yet
to understand where it is. What I understand is that some mails in the
thread, mine included, are a request (explicitly to Francesco, but
implicitly to anybody else sharing this pattern) to reduce the
repetition of personal viewpoint.