Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

Steve Langasek dijo [Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 08:13:30PM -0700]:
> (...)
> Since Francesco has made it clear that he has no intention to stop his
> abusive use of debian-legal (see below) or even recognize why his behavior
> is problematic, I am asking the listmasters to ban him from this mailing
> list.

Oh, there is the request.

Listmasters, you will notice this request is part of a larger thread,
where Francesco's usage pattern is discussed by many people. While I
am part of the people requesting Francesco to change his reiteration
and, as Steve aptly puts it, "using d-legal as a soapbox", I have seen
*much* more aggressive/destructive patterns in many other of our
lists. I do not think there is consensus about banning a
knowledgeable person with interesting viewpoints (but a tendency to
reiterate what we all know already).

So, my request is for you _not_ to ban him, but for Francesco to tone
down. Yes, this might re-escalate later on, and things might be
re-evaluated. But talking about banning him _now_ is IMO too soon, too
harsh.