Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

Francesco Poli wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:37:24 -0700 Steve Langasek wrote:
>
>[...]
>> You have a right to your own opinion.  You do *not* have a right to express
>> it *on this list*.  The purpose of this list is to provide guidance to
>> maintainers and upstreams regarding *Debian's* definition of free software,
>> as well as guidance regarding the *legality* of particular combinations of
>> works.  You using the list as a soapbox for your opinions about licenses
>> that you think Debian *shouldn't* accept is an abuse of the list.
>
>Sorry, but I think I am *not* abusing this list by just expressing my
>own opinions on the acceptability of licenses.

Expressing them is fine. Repeating them over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over ... is unnecessary. Really, by now the regulars here all know
what you think about various licenses and, frankly, we don't care to
hear about it any more.

Please try and find something more constructive to do.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/