Re: Firefox/Thunderbird trademarks: a proposal

Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> wrote:
> [MJR sceptical that this sort of branding bug gets fixed quickly]
> To be honest (and I wrote the code in Bugzilla which does the
> reporting), that's more to prevent anonymous DOS, because they are very
> processor intensive. If you want to see them and don't want a Bugzilla
> account, I hope it wouldn't be too difficult to use a disposable address.

So, a disposable address to use the bugtracker for Mozilla and the same
every other project that I get in contact with? Not reasonable.

(Loginitis is part of the reason why I'm not happy with Bugzilla's spread.
Why not cache the results instead of requiring logins? Is a DoS acceptable
as long as the attacker logged in?)

[...]
> What would you like me to say? "Oh, yes, I'll get right on it"? I'm
> afraid I have neither the clout nor the technical skill to fix that
> particular bug.

If my estimate is wrong, give the data that shows that single-platform
Mozilla bugs are actually fixed very quickly instead of only attacking
the formation of the estimate.