Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:26:56PM -0700, Joel Aelwyn wrote:
> (I, for one, have never bought the "magical exec() boundary" FSF argument;
> an API is a natural barrier which can be fairly straightforwardly tested
> and is covered by fairly well understood precedents already. *Especially*
> if that API happens to be outside the domain of either of the parts
> involved.)

I think that the exec() boundary is a more accurate approximation than
an ABI boundary, simply because it's a more constrained case (exec()
being a small subset of all possible ABI features).

However, fundamentally, technical details provide information about a
situation but other kinds of information also exists.

--
Raul