Re: "Common software" (was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal)

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr> a tapoté :

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 10:41:33AM +0200,
>  Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote
>  a message of 22 lines which said:
>
> > He, that's really a nice term. I like it at first sight much more than
> > "free software" or "open source software".
> >
> > (I'm a German, but may have read too many english books.)
>
> It is nice in French, too, and it carries the memory of many important
> historical events ("La Commune" was the name of the first elected
> public body in Paris during the French Revolution).

Hum.

While the word "libre" is pretty clear (without confusion with "free
as beer"), I'm not sure I would like to use a name picked by the
creators of our current oligarchy, well inspired by the roman's one.

But that's pretty off-topic.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: