Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

    I don't really believe it.  In the 1980s, formalized free software was a
    new concept for almost everybody.  Today, there are too many free
    software projects for the word _not_ to get out.

My experience is just the opposite: our views are mostly suppressed.
The open source movement is very effective at substituting their word
for ours.  I find that most of the people who use our software have
never even heard of our philosophy.