"Common software" (was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal)

* Steve Dobson (steve.dobson@krasnegar.demon.co.uk) [030914 00:20]:
> Personally I think of "Common Software", but then I'm English and I grew up
> with "English Common Law" and the "Village Common" as terms in everyday use.
> This has instilled within me that "common" [1] can mean "belonging to the
> whole community".

He, that's really a nice term. I like it at first sight much more than
"free software" or "open source software".

(I'm a German, but may have read too many english books.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/