Re: the FSF's definition of Free Software and its value for Debian

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 11:47:52PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> 	* What's wrong with the GFDL and what problems can it cause

Interesting link via google:

    The FOLDOC computing dictionary has been licenced to us under GFDL
    without invariant sections. We have incorporated many articles
    from them. Two weeks ago, somebody asked me whether the material
    from our TeX article (http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/TeX), which
    was originally based on FOLDOC's but has since grown considerably,
    could be reintegrated into FOLDOC. The answer is: only if they put
    our Wikipedia table into the FOLDOC entry, which they are unlikely
    to do because it doesn't really fit with their article formatting.

  -- http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-June/002238.html

Some back-story available in:

  -- http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2001-October/000624.html

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''