Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:

> To anybody who think I'm being insincere, or duplicitious, or not
> listening to you, or impervious to facts, I offer a hearty fuck you,
> fuck off, and fuck yourself.  I will cheerfully admit to being wrong
> when I've been convinced of such, and if I feel an apology is
> deserved, will offer one.  On the other hand, if you think that you
> can convince me simply by giving me the benefit of your charming
> repartee, rapier-sharp wit, or brilliant thought, guess again.

But why should we bother trying to convince you anymore?  What
advantage is their?  Why should we bother proving to you that our
internal processes meet your tests of rationality?  They suit us fine,
and this is about what *we* choose to do, using the discretion
available to us.

We could decide to refuse to distribute any software with a prime
number of characters in any source file.  We get to be as arbitrary
and perverse as we wish.

We do what we do because we think it advances the cause of free
software and our users' interests, and not because someone from OSD
tries to tell us which software we should distribute.

Thomas