Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:38:52AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > And then they insist that their software MUST go into Debian.  If
> > you refuse, they will sue you for reliance (they created this
> > software for this express purpose of putting it into Debian, relying
> > on the DFSG to mean what it says, not what you say it says.  You
> > will harm their business if you refuse to go by the plain meaning of
> > the DFSG).
>
> Debian has never promised to anyone, ever, that we will put their
> software in Debian if it meets the DFSG.  We can, and do, exercise
> many other tests to exclude software, not just the DFSG.

Russell has been told exactly this several times.  He is choosing not to
listen, and offers no counterarguments to this fact nor further arguments
to support his position.

(Why do people seem to believe that repeating the same thing several times
makes it more true, and ignoring others' arguments makes them less true?)

--
Glenn Maynard