Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

Thomas Bushnell, BSG writes:
 > But why should we bother trying to convince you anymore?  What
 > advantage is their?  Why should we bother proving to you that our
 > internal processes meet your tests of rationality?  They suit us fine,
 > and this is about what *we* choose to do, using the discretion
 > available to us.

Some people think there should be one and only one
definition/guideline/understanding of what comprises free software.
We've got one, you've got another, RMS has a third.  Wouldn't it be a
good thing if there was less dissention in our community?

 > We do what we do because we think it advances the cause of free
 > software and our users' interests, and not because someone from OSD
 > tries to tell us which software we should distribute.

What's OSD?

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | A government does enough
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | wrong to offset what it