Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

Glenn Maynard writes:
 > On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:38:52AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
 > > > And then they insist that their software MUST go into Debian.  If
 > > > you refuse, they will sue you for reliance (they created this
 > > > software for this express purpose of putting it into Debian, relying
 > > > on the DFSG to mean what it says, not what you say it says.  You
 > > > will harm their business if you refuse to go by the plain meaning of
 > > > the DFSG).
 > >
 > > Debian has never promised to anyone, ever, that we will put their
 > > software in Debian if it meets the DFSG.  We can, and do, exercise
 > > many other tests to exclude software, not just the DFSG.
 >
 > Russell has been told exactly this several times.  He is choosing not to
 > listen, and offers no counterarguments to this fact nor further arguments
 > to support his position.
 >
 > (Why do people seem to believe that repeating the same thing several times
 > makes it more true, and ignoring others' arguments makes them less true?)

Why do some people think it's productive to reply to stale email that
is no longer a current topic of conversation?  [ Thomas, feel free to
reply at this point. ]

If you notice, I have actually *listened* to you (gasp!!!) and have
dropped that line of argumentation.

To anybody who think I'm being insincere, or duplicitious, or not
listening to you, or impervious to facts, I offer a hearty fuck you,
fuck off, and fuck yourself.  I will cheerfully admit to being wrong
when I've been convinced of such, and if I feel an apology is
deserved, will offer one.  On the other hand, if you think that you
can convince me simply by giving me the benefit of your charming
repartee, rapier-sharp wit, or brilliant thought, guess again.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | A government does enough
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | wrong to offset what it