Re: the FSF's definition of Free Software and its value for Debian

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 15:42, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
[snip flaming, the substance if which, if not the tone, I agree with]

> RMS has shown his usual intransigence, but the real problem is that
> the FSF has been starkly dishonest!  He promised a review after a
> comment period, and then the comments have now sat for *YEARS* with
> nary a publication of them, a summary, or any other indication of the
> contents of those comments.
>
> The status quo is not tolerable, and if the comments are not published
> by the FSF soon, it seems to me that someone else should take the task
> upon them of publishing them.

They were eventually published:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.2-comments.txt

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson