Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 15:41, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:00:31PM -0500, David Turner wrote:
> > Not so!
> >
> > On January 6 of 1941, Franklin Delano Roosevelt said:
> >
> >   In the future days which we seek to make secure, we look
> >   forward to a world founded upon four essential human
> >   freedoms.
> >
> > As I recall, Debian postdates 1941.
>
> Is this a joke?  FDR's "Four Freedoms" are not the same as the FSF's.

Yes, of course it's a joke!  I was inspired by the Neuromancer comment
earlier in the thread.

Incidentally, I once went to a summer camp which had not only FDR's Four
Freedoms, but also the Fifth Freedom, being freedom to run around
naked.

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson