Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Is this a joke?

Asks someone whose wit is of great renown.

> FDR's "Four Freedoms" are not the same as the FSF's.

    In the future days which we seek to make secure, we look forward
    to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.

    The first is freedom of speech and expression--everywhere in the
    world.

    The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own
    way--everywhere in the world.

    The third is freedom from want, which, translated into world
    terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every
    nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants --everywhere
    in the world.

    The fourth is freedom from fear, which, translated into world
    terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point
    and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a
    position to commit an act of physical aggression against any
    neighbor --anywhere in the wold. That is no vision of a distant
    millennium.  It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable
    in our own time and generation.  That kind of world is the very
    antithesis of the so-called "new order" of tyranny which the
    dictators seek to create with the crash of a bomb.[1]

Don Armstrong

1: FDR's Four Freedoms Speach
   http://www.libertynet.org/~edcivic/fdr.html
--
Junkies were all knitted together in a loose global macrame, the
intercontinental freemasonry of narcotics.

-- Bruce Sterling, _Holy Fire_ p257

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu