Re: PHPNuke license

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:43:52PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> This also goes for programs that have never been interactive before
> (and so never had a notice). If, say, I modified CVS such that it
> entered an interactive mode when run without arguments, I believe I'd
> be required to add a 2(c) notice.

> if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print
> such an announcement

Er.  You made it interactive; now it's interactive but doesn't normally
print such an announcement, so the exemption kicks in.  Are we talking
about a licensing race condition here?

If that were the case, we'd be forced to put GPL blurbs in anything that
made use of any GPL libraries at all, eg. Readline.

--
Glenn Maynard