Re: PHPNuke license

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:43:52PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> This also goes for programs that have never been interactive before
> (and so never had a notice). If, say, I modified CVS such that it
> entered an interactive mode when run without arguments, I believe I'd
> be required to add a 2(c) notice.

> if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print
> such an announcement

Er.  You made it interactive; now it's interactive but doesn't normally
print such an announcement, so the exemption kicks in.  Are we talking
about a licensing race condition here?

If that were the case, we'd be forced to put GPL blurbs in anything that
made use of any GPL libraries at all, eg. Readline.

Glenn Maynard