Re: ACPI problem: console and X black after resume on supsend-to-ram

Hi.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 06:00:27 +0800
Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 21:19 +0100, Kai Hildebrandt wrote:
> >
> > I enter sleep mode as root with:
> >
> > # echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
> >
> > Sleep Mode
> >
> > Waking up.... Screen keeps blank.
>
> Well, I am running X, of course, rather than a console, so that might
> make a difference.  I do still have a non-blank console, however (I
> just checked with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and it was all there - that did not used
> to be the case.

It works now.

I have to add "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to the kernel command line.

You're kernel configuration is slightly different because I took the
debian config and removed all unused drivers. So I also use a initrd for
booting and the kernel is completely modular. :-)

Thanks for help
  Kai