Re: ACPI problem: console and X black after resume on supsend-to-ram

Hi again.

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 01:11:57 +1300
Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> I'm currently running 2.6.10, without any patches.  The configuration
> I have is for the new radeon driver.  I built my kernel using the
> make-kpkg utility from the kernel-package package, so I can make the
> actual kernel available for download (and the package will include
> the .config, of course).  I also have madwifi packages to go along
> with that.
>
> Here is the critical section from that .config file:

I compiled a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel. I only patched it against madwifi
because I cannot comile the madwifi module with the make-kpkg target
modules_image. With 2.6.9 and 2.6.8 there was no problem. But with this
patch it works.

But my Display still is black after sleep mode.

Do you have a specific call or program to get back your screen?

I also have installed tpb for configuring the sleep button (Fn+F4), but
I do not use it (yet) for sleep mode.

I enter sleep mode as root with:

# echo "mem" > /sys/power/state

Sleep Mode