Re: ACPI problem: console and X black after resume on supsend-to-ram

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 21:19 +0100, Kai Hildebrandt wrote:

> I compiled a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel. I only patched it against madwifi
> because I cannot comile the madwifi module with the make-kpkg target
> modules_image. With 2.6.9 and 2.6.8 there was no problem. But with this
> patch it works.
>
> But my Display still is black after sleep mode.
>
> Do you have a specific call or program to get back your screen?

No.

> I also have installed tpb for configuring the sleep button (Fn+F4), but
> I do not use it (yet) for sleep mode.

Neither do I.  I have always (since I got the laptop most of a year ago)
used ACPI to suspend when I close the lid.

> I enter sleep mode as root with:
>
> # echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
>
> Sleep Mode
>
> Waking up.... Screen keeps blank.

Well, I am running X, of course, rather than a console, so that might
make a difference.  I do still have a non-blank console, however (I just
checked with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and it was all there - that did not used to be
the case.

I've put my kernel / madwifi packages that I am using at:
 http://debiana.net/r50p_kernels/
so you can download and try exactly what I am using, and potentially
diff the config file against yours to see what else I might have
different.

Cheers,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. -- Oscar Wilde