Re: ACPI problem: console and X black after resume on supsend-to-ram

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 20:56 +0100, Kai Hildebrandt wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just compiled a 2.6.9 kernel on my debian sarge notebook with ACPI
> support. I also configured tpb but some keys do not work. The notebook
> is a IBM thinkpad r50p.
>
> What can I do to get the key to change the video output (Fn + F7)
> working?
>
> Is there any chance to get my notebook to work after an suspend-to-ram
> with a working screen? It stays blank after resuming not depending on
> framebuffer (vesafb) or the X-server (I deactivated both to test it).

Hi,

I have an R50p, and suspend to ram works for me, as well as getting the
video restored after a suspend.

Until recently the text-mode video did not work, but then I read
something somewhere suggesting to use the Radeon FB rather than the
VESA, and now that works too.

Feel free to quiz me further off-list.

My only disappointment is that the ATI FireGL T2 drivers do not handle
suspend / resume, making them effectively useless.

Regards,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
              How many things I can do without! -- Socrates