Re: ACPI problem: console and X black after resume on supsend-to-ram

Hi.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:59:18 +1300
Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> I have an R50p, and suspend to ram works for me, as well as getting
> the video restored after a suspend.

How did you manage that?

Which tools do I need to install and configure?

Which kernel version and patches are you using?

> Until recently the text-mode video did not work, but then I read
> something somewhere suggesting to use the Radeon FB rather than the
> VESA, and now that works too.

New or old radeon driver?

The new driver has an option: DDC/I2C support. What is ist an do you use
it?

There are two in the kernel.

> Feel free to quiz me further off-list.

I think the answer of these questions could be interesting for the list.

> My only disappointment is that the ATI FireGL T2 drivers do not handle
> suspend / resume, making them effectively useless.

Which drivers? fgrlx from ATI?

A lot of questions... :-)

Regards
  Kai