- To: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Power-Button
- From: Micha Feigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:16:02 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.61.0411161638270.2627@wr-linux02>
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.61.0411161054410.2627@wr-linux02> <1100601136.3945.12.camel@zibal> <Pine.LNX.4.61.0411161142260.2627@wr-linux02> <20041116111148.GA5083@kronos.int.bsse.biz> <Pine.LNX.4.61.0411161309120.2627@wr-linux02> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.4.61.0411161638270.2627@wr-linux02>
At Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:40:40 +0100 (CET),
Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > You need the following as root:
> > Try stopping acpid
> > /etc/init.d/acpid stop
> > and then
> > cat /proc/acpi/event
> Well, this is more or less the same as I reported in a previous mail:
> # cat /proc/acpi/event
> button/lid LID 00000080 00000003
> button/lid LID 00000080 00000004
> button/lid LID 00000080 00000005
> button/lid LID 00000080 00000006
> button/lid LID 00000080 00000007
> button/lid LID 00000080 00000008
> ... while I pressed the power button several times in between.
> > This is where acpid gets its acpi events from. Now try pressing your power
> > button (you can also check your lid button just in case to make sure). If you
> > are not getting a message from the power button then for some reason the kernel
> > is not generating the messages, probably an acpi or a dsdt problem. If it worked
> > in 2.6.8 I am guessing an acpi bug though.
> Anybody else observing this. Do you have a direct link to which place
> I can report this problem - my questiosn here might show that I really
> seldom fiddle around with this stuff.
acpi-devel mailing list will probably be your most usefull resource for this.
Not sure if you need to subscribe or not to post to it though.
> Kind regards
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-laptop-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
> This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
> at the Tel-Aviv University CC.