Re: Power-Button

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:51:04AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
[SNIP]
> >- Let the acpi daemon log all events. Then, you can see what the string
> >looks like when you press the power button. In my case, it already logs
> >all events in /var/log/acpid.
> Well, this is also logged for me in the same place, but pressing the
> power button does not create an entry in this file.

Have a look at /proc/acpi/button/. The available buttons should be listed there. If the power button isn't listed, then for some reason your kernel doesn't detect it. Whatever reason that may be...

> >The kernel has nothing do to with this, so
> >you probably won't find anything in the kernel source.
> Quoting /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn more completely:
[SNIP]
> So if kernel changes had influence on acpi configuration in the past
> I think it could happen also now.

AFAIK the kernel pulls the events from the ACPI hardware and generates events in /proc/acpi/event to be read by the acpid.

Ciao,
Ralf

--
Ralf Gerlich                http://home.easylink.de/rgerlich
PGP: 1024D/54F7 B9AC 1CE4 137E 7791 3E63 4BB6 E425 AF97 3BCF