Re: Power-Button

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Micha Feigin wrote:

You need the following as root:
Try stopping acpid
/etc/init.d/acpid stop
and then
cat /proc/acpi/event
Well, this is more or less the same as I reported in a previous mail:

# cat /proc/acpi/event
button/lid LID 00000080 00000003
button/lid LID 00000080 00000004
button/lid LID 00000080 00000005
button/lid LID 00000080 00000006
button/lid LID 00000080 00000007
button/lid LID 00000080 00000008

... while I pressed the power button several times in between.

This is where acpid gets its acpi events from. Now try pressing your power
button (you can also check your lid button just in case to make sure). If you
are not getting a message from the power button then for some reason the kernel
is not generating the messages, probably an acpi or a dsdt problem. If it worked
in 2.6.8 I am guessing an acpi bug though.
Anybody else observing this.  Do you have a direct link to which place
I can report this problem - my questiosn here might show that I really
seldom fiddle around with this stuff.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--