Power-Button

Hello,

I just compiled Kernel 2.6.9 (from Debian source packages) with the additional
patches for SoftwareSuspend2
   http://download.berlios.de/softwaresuspend/software-suspend-2.1.5-for-2.6.9.tar.bz2
and Centrino WLAN
   http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/
Both patches applied fine and compiled without any problems.  I'm currently
unable to test the wireless because there is no hotspot around.

I also used the latest version of the hibernate scripts
    http://download.berlios.de/softwaresuspend/hibernate-script-1.00.tar.gz
and used the package source from
    deb-src http://cp.yi.org/apt/hibernate /
to build Debian packages for the latest version.  BTW, is there any reason
that this is not moved to an official Debian package?

Calling /usr/bin/hibernate explicitely works fine with the slight and
ignorable exception that the X screen is sometimes scrambled and I just have
to press a key / move the mouse to get it right - kind of a strange screen
saver. :)

Unfortunately I'm not able to call hibernate via the power button.  I'm using
the latest acpid which has a script /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn which says:

   event=button[ /]power
   action=/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh

For debugging issues I used

   echo "`date`: Power-Button pressed" >> /var/log/lid.log

in my /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh script before calling

   sudo /usr/sbin/hibernate

but not even this log entry is written and thus I assume that the event
was renamed.  I tried to browse the kernel source but did not found
something helpful.  The lid button works fine with

   event=button/lid
   action=/etc/acpi/lid.sh

and a similar debugging line.

Any hint what might went wrong here?