Re: Strange behaviour

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 08:56:23AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> The one that came with kernel-source-2.4.18 right?  Most (if not all)
> of the symptoms you described can be traced to device access ...

The one that came with the kernel source, yes... however it doesn't refer to
the type of difficulties I'm experiencing

> > ?? His only reference to devfs was "If you use devfs you may need ...".  It
> > doesn't seem likely that he used it at all.  I think you're going about this
> > in the wrong order.  Turn off devfs first, get it working, THEN try figuring
> > out what to do to get devfs.  Devfs is no more likely to work with your
> > configuration on 2.4.19 than on an earlier kernel.
>
> The ONLY reference to devfs on that page reads:
>
>   Note: If you use devfs you may need to make the device: mknod
>         /dev/hdb b 3 64

I should have been more specific, the kernel config from the page has devfs
enabled, from that and the lack of mention of any substantive issues I
inferred that it would work fine.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                     Kindness is the beginning of cruelty.
guentherm@asme.org                   		-- Muad'dib [Frank