Re: Strange behaviour

From: "Matthew Guenther" <guentherm@asme.org>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:56:38PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> >
> > Err, you did read Documentation/filesystems/devfs/README, didn't you?
> > If not, recompile your kernel without devfs and I think your problems
> > will disappear.
> >

> Of course I read the README, I'm not insane!  This page:
>
> http://www.rm-r.net/~meff/i8200/
>
> Was my baseline instruction sheet and he described no problems with devfs
so
> I figured it was okay.  He used 2.4.19 however, so I may try upgrading and
> if the problem persists, turn off devfs.

?? His only reference to devfs was "If you use devfs you may need ...".  It
doesn't seem likely that he used it at all.  I think you're going about this
in the wrong order.  Turn off devfs first, get it working, THEN try figuring
out what to do to get devfs.  Devfs is no more likely to work with your
configuration on 2.4.19 than on an earlier kernel.