Re: Debian setup freezes when trying to remove pcmcia

> OK.  So the card is being recognized and initialized.  So is
> networking configured properly?
What do you mean by configured properly? Normally for this
Internet connection I would setup the network card, install
dhcpcd, and everything would work. I have pcmcia-cs configured
for DHCP so I'm assuming on that side everything should be working.

> Does syslog imply that networking is
> up?  After you hear the beeps, try this:
> /etc/init.d/networking stop
> /etc/init.d/networking start
That went through just fine.

> Or something close.  (Like I said, my box is at home.)  Are
> you pinging IPs, or names?  If names, is /etc/resolv.conf configured
> properly?
I was pinging names. By the way, when apt is trying to update, it is
saying it can't resolve the URLs. I looked in /etc/resolv.conf and
there's nothing there.

- Bart