Re: Request for review of a package description

Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>>  Package: xiphos
>>   Xiphos is a Bible study program for the GNOME desktop environment,
>>   based on the CrossWire Bible Society's SWORD Project, a framework
>>   for developing tools for study of the Bible and of associated texts
>>   such as commentaries and dictionaries.
>>   .
>
> I've only further reduced into
>
>    for developing Bible study tools and of associated texts .....

Oh, wait, that doesn't say quite what I was saying.  Which of the
two following things does the SWORD project aim to help people do?

1) develop tools for studying the Bible and studying commentaries etc
2) develop tools for studying the Bible and develop commentaries etc

They might both be true... but if you want to say (1), stick with my
version (or even better, Ben's):

     Xiphos is a Bible study program for the GNOME desktop environment. It
     is based on the CrossWire Bible Society's SWORD Project, a framework
     for developing tools for study of the Bible and of associated texts
     such as commentaries and dictionaries.

If it's (2), use your reduced version (except drop the "of"):

     Xiphos is a Bible study program for the GNOME desktop environment. It
     is based on the CrossWire Bible Society's SWORD Project, a framework
     for developing Bible study tools and associated texts such as
     commentaries and dictionaries.

--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)