Re: Request for review of a package description

Ben Finney wrote:
>> Package: xiphos
>     Xiphos is a Bible study program for the GNOME desktop environment.
>     It is based on The SWORD Project by the CrossWire Bible Society, a
>     framework for tools to assist studying the Bible and additional
>     information like commentaries, dictionaries and other texts.

>     This package provides the main Xiphos program. It is a digital text
>     reader with bookmarks and full-text search.
>     .
>     Xiphos allows viewing multiple versions of the same text, for
>     parallel reading of alternatives or translations. It also provides
>     personal verse-specific notes and a rich-text study pad, both of
>     which have spell checking and full-text search.

>     Xiphos has a built-in facility to browse and install
>     freely-distributed content from CrossWire repositories.

My only complaint with this version is the number of sentences
beginning with either "Xiphos" or "It".

 Package: xiphos
  Xiphos is a Bible study program for the GNOME desktop environment,
  based on the CrossWire Bible Society's SWORD Project, a framework
  for developing tools for study of the Bible and of associated texts
  such as commentaries and dictionaries.
  .
  This package provides the main Xiphos program, a digital text
  reader with bookmarks and full-text search. It allows viewing
  multiple versions of the same text, for parallel reading of
  alternatives or translations, and also supports personal
  verse-specific notes and a rich-text study pad, both of which have
  spell checking and full-text search.
  .
  Xiphos has a built-in facility to browse and install
  freely-distributed content from CrossWire repositories.

 Package: xiphos-data
  Xiphos is a Bible study program for the GNOME desktop environment,
  based on the CrossWire Bible Society's SWORD Project, a framework
  for developing tools for study of the Bible and of associated texts
  such as commentaries and dictionaries.
  .
  This package contains the data files that are necessary to use Xiphos.

 Package: gnomesword
  This is a transitional package and can safely be removed. GnomeSword
  has been renamed to Xiphos; see the "xiphos" package instead.

(I've also ASCIIified the quotes there, more or less by accident)