Re: Proofreading/understanding consultants/libobi.wml

Hello MJ,
On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:29:56PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> I do benevolent work only for charitable humanitarian organisations
> and free or religious educators in precarious situations.

I've commited that now, thanks.

> > Maybe I'm missing your smiley, but there sure is someone on the very
> > capable French team who could try an translation?
>
> Argh! No! Why?  Whenever possible, people should translate into their
> first languages.  Asking the French team to translate into English
> should be a last resort.  Translations into English as a second
> language are better than no translation, but often amusing.

Thats why the issue was kept here - I only asked Christian to proxy
the translation as I assumed he knew a good person. And yes,
afterwards we might have needed to phrase the translation in "proper"
English once more, but that issue is moot now.

> Any road, the fact this is translated from a source in French should
> be noted somehow.

Thats beyond my decision for this particular piece. Routinely
non-english consultants and users are translated into English and from
thereon the english is assumed to be the original. Of course, the
techniques to declare the French as the original are there.

Greetings

         Helge