[debian-knoppix] What overwrites /etc/sysconfig/i18n at boot time? (was: Re: Localization: US English)

This one time, at band camp, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> > dpkg-reconfigure locales
[snip]
> So I go and select the one I want (which happens to be en_AU.UTF8) but
> this doesn't update /etc/sysconfig/i18n...  So what DOES it change?

As I suspected, this doesn't fix the problem.

What I want to do is set /etc/sysconfig/i18n to be something other
than the German stuff, and not have it overwritten every time I boot
(yes, hard disk install).

So what is overwriting this file every time I boot?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory.
- J K Galbraith