Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Localization: US English

This one time, at band camp, Michael Mauch wrote:

> KMenu -> Einstellungen -> Kontrollzentrum -> Regional-Einstelkungen &
> Zugangshilfen -> Land/Region & Sprache -> Regionales -> Land: Amerika,
> N?rdliches -> USA -> Anwenden.

That does it for KDE.  Now how about the rest of the system.  i.e., I
get these kind of warnings all the time:
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "de",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "de_DE@euro"

When I change /etc/sysconfig/i18n, it only sticks until the next
reboot...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Inflation is the one form of taxation that can be imposed
without legislation.

- Milton Friedman