Re: [debian-knoppix] re: Modem problem

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your continue advice.

Obtained DNS IP as per your advice.

Kstart -> Knoppix -> Network/Internet -> Modem Dialer

-> Start KPPP

Setup -> Account -> Highlighted A/C name -> Edit -> DNS -> Select
"Manual" -> Add DNS IP Address -> Ok - Ok -> Connect

ISP connected, time counter running
Still could not connect to Internet

Rechecked KPPP, found DNS IP Address erased.
Setup KPPP again.  Situation remained unchanged, DNS IP Address erased
automatically after clicking Ok - Ok

Also tried select/de-select "Disable existing DNS servers during
connection".  No improvement found

Remark : my ISP requires no "extra" stuff

B.Regards
Stephen

Got an I Care HK! Idea? Go to http://www.iCareHK.com/iCarehk/index.html to Submit.